USC and THU Dual Degree Program
The Viterbi school of Engineering of the University of Southern California and the School of Information Science technology of Tsingua University, China (THU SIST) had established the THU-USC Dual Degree program for Masters of Science for the purpose of collaborative education and research in various areas of information science and Technology.
THU-USC Dual Degree Program for Masters of Science
- The USC VSOE will admit qualified students from THU SIST to its various Masters of Science degree program. Each year THU SIST will select up to fifteen (15) graduate students who have been admitted to THU SIST MS or Phd degree Program to study at USC VSOE for M.S Degree. The students sucessfull completion of a USC VSOE M.S program will lead to a Master's Degree from USC VSOE.
- The THU SIST will admit qualified students from USC VSOE to its various Masters of Science degree program. Each year USC VSOE will select up to fifteen (15) graduate students who have been admitted to USC VSOE MS degree Program to study at THU SIST for M.S Degree. The students sucessfull completion of a THU SIST M.S program will lead to a Master's Degree from THU SIST.
- The Student in the Dual MS Program would make at lest two thirds of the effort of an MS Degree from the home institute and transfer up to one thirds of the effort from the visiting insitute. Nine credits units will be allowed to transfer mutually. THU SIST students would complete minimum 14 units plus an MS thesis from THU to fulfill the degree requirement of the visiting institute.
- Nominated students will complete a special application to the Dual MS Program. The admission to an MS degree program of the visiting institute will require consent of the respective program advisor on pre-requisite coursework requirement. The student will be responsible for payinghte published tution rates at the institution where they are enrolled.
- USC requires that THU student meet the requirement of TOEFL scores (minimum 90 and atleast 20 in each category). GRE scores will be waived for THU SIST students nominated for this program.
Published on March 9th, 2017
Last updated on March 20th, 2020