Office of Awards
Won an award? Boast it.
Updated your CV? Post it.
Ready for an award? Contact us.
The Viterbi Awards Office was established over six years ago and serves as a resource to Viterbi faculty of all career stages, by providing support to comply with the many aspects of faculty award nominations. Its mission is to see that our faculty receive well-deserved recognition for outstanding achievements. The awards supported include national/international prizes, professional society fellows, medals and awards, foundation and regional awards, and advisory board appointments.
Why are awards important?
Awards recognize the excellent work of our faculty. They also serve to elevate the profile of USC and the Viterbi School nationally. We nominate individuals across all career stages, disciplines and categories. In fact, 40% of 2017-18 nominees were junior faculty, strategically laying the groundwork for their career trajectories.
Award nominations we process:
- International/national awards and prizes (i.e., Guggenheim Fellowship, Kavli Prize)
- National academies (i.e., PAESMEM, NAI, AAAS)
- Society awards (i.e., fellows, medals, technical achievement, other awards)
- Early career honors (i.e., TR35, NAE Frontiers of Engineering)
- Regional awards (i.e., Engineers Council, OCEC)
We do not process research grants or internal awards
What we ask from the faculty:
- Names of nominator(s) and reference(s)
- Current CV
- Nomination/research statement draft
- Required nomination elements (i.e., patents, publications, citations)
- Reporting of successful nominations via the Honors Notification Tool (on myViterbi)
How the Awards Office supports faculty:
- Matches awards to faculty
- Confirms nominees meet eligibility requirements
- Reaches out to nominators and references
- Drafts letters, as needed
- Tracks and manages all final nomination elements for submission
Department faculty award representatives:
- AME: Fokion Egolfopoulos, Assad Oberai
- ASTE: Azad Madni
- BME: Keyue Shen
- CEE: Sami Masri, Ketan Savla
- CS: Ramesh Govindan
- EE-P: Chongwu Zhou
- EE-S: Alexander Sawchuk
- ISE: Julie Higle
- MFD: Iraj Ershaghi, Malancha Gupta
- ISI: Yigal Arens