USC Viterbi’s distance learning graduate programs receive top USNWR rankings
USC Viterbi’s online graduate program in computer science is #1, and the online engineering program, comprising more than 40 degrees, is #2
Air Force Young Investigator Awardees to Advance Machine Learning and 3-D Printed Materials
USC Viterbi Assistant Professors Mahdi Soltanolkotabi and Qiming Wang win US Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Awards.
Two ISI Division Directors Named ACM Fellows for Transformative Contributions to Technology
Carl Kesselman and Craig Knoblock are among the top one percent of ACM members worldwide honored for outstanding accomplishments in computing and information technology
How can AI and medicine work together to solve a global health crisis? This test will show the way
USC startup ReoLab takes the guessing game out of quick infection diagnosis
- SeminarJan. 17 04:00 PM-05:00 PMSpeaker: Dr. Jerry M. Mendel, University of Southern California Talk Title: A Remarkable Trajectory-” From AI back to AI, With...
- CS Distinguished Lecture: Ronitt Rubinfeld (MIT)Jan. 23 04:00 PM-05:20 PMSpeaker: Ronitt Rubinfeld, MIT Talk Title: TBA Series: Computer Science Distinguished Lecture Series Abstract: TBA Biography: TBA Host: Computer Science Department
- Preparing for the Engineering Career FairJan. 25 05:00 PM-06:00 PMCreate a strategy to optimize your time, learn best practices when approaching employers, and get useful tips to help...
- Job and Internship SearchJan. 30 04:00 PM-05:00 PMVirtually everything you think you know about getting a job/internship is wrong -- especially in the real-world after graduation. Discover...
- The Viterbi Career FairFeb. 1 10:00 AM-03:00 PMThe Viterbi Career Fair is free and open to all students in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. Students...
- Viterbi PressFriends SymposiumFeb. 10 08:30 AM-05:00 PMOn Saturday, February 10, 2018, the Viterbi School of Engineering and USC PressFriends Club will host our 2nd annual...
Studying more than engineering makes for better engineers
Our community is unique and groundbreaking… plus we have the beach!
NAE Grand Challenges
Engineering problems exist in the real world, and our obligation is to help solve them, in real time.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2018
“My passion is volunteering and inspiring the future generation to go into STEM fields. I’m so happy to be apart of a school that shares those values.”
“The new face of engineering is not that of Dilbert in the cartoons. It is the face of bright women and men, spanning societal, racial and ethnic divides. Diversity is not a political slogan, it is an essential ingredient for innovation.”
M.S. Computer Science, 2016
“I have met people from all around the world, worked with them and listened to their point of view and realized how one small point can be looked at through so many different angles.”
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, 2019
“At USC Viterbi, I’ve already discovered a new sport, conducted engineering research abroad and explored all over LA with some of the most diverse people I’ve ever met, just in my first three semesters alone.”
Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, 2018
“I have felt encouraged to strive for truly unique and scientifically relevant research with the support of my fellow students, my advisor, and my Engineering department.”