Students turn to engineering diplomacy to solve 21st century grand challenges
Course combines engineering with foreign policy and international development
USC Viterbi School of Engineering to Expand Science Communication Program
Expansion Kicks Off with New Social Media Course Offered this Fall
‘We find solutions to social problems using artificial intelligence’
Lucas Hu uses game theory and computer science to fight wildlife poachers, end homelessness, and prevent teen suicide
- Viterbi New Student Welcome LuauAug. 17 02:00 PM-04:00 PMViterbi School of Engineering welcomes our incoming first-year students at our New Student Luau. The luau will be held...
- USC Graduate Engineering Info Session: Kochi, IndiaAug. 23 03:00 PM-04:30 PMThis event will be hosted by Sudha Kumar, Director of the USC India Office, and special guest Kelly Goulis,...
- Viterbi Transfer Student BBQAug. 28 11:00 AM-12:00 PMViterbi School of Engineering Welcomes our incoming transfer students. Join your fellow incoming transfer students for an evening of...
- Fall Get Connected: Viterbi Involvement FairAug. 29 11:00 AM-02:00 PMJoin us for our first Fall Get Connected! At this Viterbi involvement fair you will have the chance to...
- VIRTUAL Workshop: Find More Jobs & Internships: Viterbi Career GatewayAug. 29 - All DayTake part in a live tutorial to help you navigate Viterbi Career Gateway, a powerful job & internship search...
Studying more than engineering makes for better engineers
Our community is unique and groundbreaking… plus we have the beach!
NAE Grand Challenges
Engineering problems exist in the real world, and our obligation is to help solve them, in real time.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2018
“My passion is volunteering and inspiring the future generation to go into STEM fields. I’m so happy to be apart of a school that shares those values.”
“The new face of engineering is not that of Dilbert in the cartoons. It is the face of bright women and men, spanning societal, racial and ethnic divides. Diversity is not a political slogan, it is an essential ingredient for innovation.”
M.S. Computer Science, 2016
“I have met people from all around the world, worked with them and listened to their point of view and realized how one small point can be looked at through so many different angles.”
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, 2019
“At USC Viterbi, I’ve already discovered a new sport, conducted engineering research abroad and explored all over LA with some of the most diverse people I’ve ever met, just in my first three semesters alone.”
Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, 2018
“I have felt encouraged to strive for truly unique and scientifically relevant research with the support of my fellow students, my advisor, and my Engineering department.”
and Nanomedicine Pioneer Joining USC - Mark E. Davis to join faculties of USC Viterbi School of Engineering, Keck School of Medicine of USC, and USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences