Drastically reducing fuel consumption and emissions of commercial aircraft
Gabilan Assistant Professor Alejandra Uranga’s work on an MIT/NASA project offers a way to save fuel and reduce emissions via propulsion-airframe integration
- DEN@Viterbi Information SessionSep. 21 11:00 AM-12:00 PMWebinars are held ONLINE throughout the year using WebEx technology. All that is needed to participate is a computer...
- Transfer DaySep. 22 - All DayTRANSFER DAY FEATURES: A presentation from Viterbi Admission, Campus Tours, Academic Department Visits, and more!If you have questions about...
- MHI Pioneer SeriesSep. 25 03:00 AM-05:00 PMSpeaker: Andrew Viterbi, University of Southern California Trustee, Presidential Chair, and Professor of Electrical EngineeringTalk Title: "It was the...
- Munushian Seminar - Ming C. Wu, Friday, September 22nd at 2:00pm in EEB 132Sep. 29 02:00 PM-03:30 PMSpeaker: Ming C. Wu, University of California, BerkeleyTalk Title: Silicon Photonic MEMSAbstract: Ming C. Wu is Nortel Distinguished Professor...
- VIRTUAL Workshop: Preparing for the Engineering Career FairOct. 5 - All DayCreate a strategy to optimize your time, learn best practices when approaching employers, and get useful tips to help...
Studying more than engineering makes for better engineers
Our community is unique and groundbreaking… plus we have the beach!
NAE Grand Challenges
Engineering problems exist in the real world, and our obligation is to help solve them, in real time.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2018
“My passion is volunteering and inspiring the future generation to go into STEM fields. I’m so happy to be apart of a school that shares those values.”
“The new face of engineering is not that of Dilbert in the cartoons. It is the face of bright women and men, spanning societal, racial and ethnic divides. Diversity is not a political slogan, it is an essential ingredient for innovation.”
M.S. Computer Science, 2016
“I have met people from all around the world, worked with them and listened to their point of view and realized how one small point can be looked at through so many different angles.”
B.S. Biomedical Engineering, 2019
“At USC Viterbi, I’ve already discovered a new sport, conducted engineering research abroad and explored all over LA with some of the most diverse people I’ve ever met, just in my first three semesters alone.”
Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, 2018
“I have felt encouraged to strive for truly unique and scientifically relevant research with the support of my fellow students, my advisor, and my Engineering department.”