Western Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Center
USC has been a partner in progress for manufacturing since 1978.
Since 1978, USC and the Western Trade Adjustment Assistance Center have been partnering with industry to improve global competitiveness.
Client firms benefit from access to the expertise and knowledge provided through the University. USC is one of a very small number of premier academic institutions in which research and teaching are inextricably intertwined. Western TAAC is not a federal agency, but through a cooperative agreement with the U.S Department of Commerce, is an investment of the Economic Development Administration. Western TAAC also works with the national network of TAA Centers affiliated through the American Business Council.
Our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our phone: 213 743 2732
Ken Dozier, Executive Director
Dan Jimenez, Project Manager
Conchetta Fabares, Program Manager, 213 743 4443
Don Miskowich, Special Project Manager
The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) for Firms Program
Can your manufacturing or producing firm benefit from trade adjustment assistance?
Find out by visiting http://wesrac.usc.edu.
While you are there, take our “litmus test”. Your firm may be eligible for TAA.
- Department of Commerce Program
- Assists import impacted manufacturers or producers (agriculture)
- Import impact=decline in sales and employment numbers
- TAA Staff develop application and assist firm to develop recovery strategy and identify project
- Project: up to $30,000 with 75% of cost paid by government
- Project work performed by independent consultants
- Improved competitive advantage through targeted project
- Increasing sales and employment numbers
- Strategic plan to guide recovery and future growth
- Firm eligible for post project programs leveraging USC resources