Internal Funding Opportunities
Internal - For USC Faculty only
- VSoE Research Innovation Fund
- Zumberge Research and Innovation Fund
- Ming Hsieh Institute for Research of Engineering-Medicine for Cancer
- USC Collaboration Fund
- SoCal Environmental Health Sciences Center
- WiSE Program (undergrad, PhD topoff and faculty)
- Core Infrastructure Fund (3 types of awards)
- Keck School of Medicine CTSI Pilot Grants
- Stevens IDEAS Empowered
- VSoE Maseeh Entrepreneurship Prize Competition
- Student/postdoc: some departments (ex: MFD), WiSE ($300 in state, $500 out of state, $700 international)
- Student Support
- Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Research Associates Program (URAP): $3,000/student stipend + $300 other; faculty must apply; funding during summer or academic year, but limited to $3k/student per year.
- Merit Research Program: typically undergrads enter with MR, but select upper classman are offered MR support. Faculty can nominate upper classman. Nominations should be directed to Louise Yates, Dean of undergraduates; funding during summer or academic year – but limited to $2k/year
- WiSE Undergraduate Research Grant: must be a female student, typical GPA > 3.5; can only be awarded twice. Funding during summer or academic year.
- Rose Hills: must be a junior in engineering, SoCal resident, and GPA>3.5; only provides funding during summer.
- Provost’s: GPA>3.5; provides funding during summer or academic year.
Published on December 8th, 2016
Last updated on January 6th, 2021