By registering and attending USC Viterbi School of Engineering’s John Brooks Slaughter Leadership in Engineering DEI Summit, you consent to the following policies. These policies are strictly enforced, apply to all exhibitors, speakers, vendors, sponsors and attendees, and are without exception.
CODE OF CONDUCT
At VSoE, our goal is to provide a safe and positive event experience and we expect our attendees, exhibitors, speakers, vendors and sponsors to follow this Code of Conduct. Unacceptable Behavior will not be tolerated at any time and may result in immediate removal from the conference, in-person or virtual.
- Be considerate of those with whom you may interact.
- Be collaborative with others.
- Be respectful of others’ viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language, including, but not limited to, discriminatory behavior or language based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other similar categories. Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions will not be tolerated.
- Visual harassment, such as displaying sexual or offensive images OR inappropriate language at the course, meeting, or event, including in presentations, slide decks, as backgrounds, or on clothing visible to attendees.
- Intimidation or bullying, either online or in-person.
- Possession of a weapon or something that could be construed as a weapon during the event or on video.
- Photographing, video- or audio-recording of slides, oral, or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Possession or mention of illegal substances during the event or on video.
- Sharing your event registration information, including your conference badge, with another person(s).
- Inappropriate disruption of events.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Violating the rules of the online platform on which the event is held.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
For safety reasons, anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed to register or attend the VSoE Summit. Strollers or infant carriers are not permitted at any time. Only registrants are allowed to be present in the Expo, conference sessions, concerts and receptions.
Solicitation cannot take place in the aisles or any other space in the event venue not leased to sponsors. Soliciting is not prohibited on the virtual platform (chat function in sessions, networking rooms and activities).
CONSENT FOR SHRM PHOTOGRAPHERS
By attending the event, you acknowledge that your image may be captured on video or in photos taken on behalf of VSoE. You further provide VSoE the right to use candid group photos or videos without securing additional permission, provided those images are not accompanied by further personally identifying information. Please note:
- Photos and/or recordings cannot be copied, altered, sold, exhibited, or further distributed without VSoE’s prior written consent.
- Photos and/or recordings are the exclusive property of VSoE.
- Photos and/or recordings may be posted on VSoE's official social media pages during and after the conference.
In addition, no disruptions due to photography and/or recording shall be allowed, and violators may lose attendance privileges. This includes drones, personal professional photography equipment and applies to attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers and vendors.
You may be asked to participate in interviews, etc. In which case, you will be asked to fill out an additional consent form.
PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Photography and/or recording (including audio and video) during theVSoE Summit is allowed for personal and private use only. You may not record any live musical performances.
VSoE encourages our attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and vendors to share their experience at VSoE Summit on social media.
By sharing photos and videos on social media channels, you are consenting that VSoE may reshare, repost and use those photos and videos prior, during, and after the conference.
MEDIA SHARED BY PRESENTERS
Presenters may share additional media and resources as part of their session or session record. These resources are provided for attendees’ personal use and are not for distribution unless the resource explicitly states that it can be broadly distributed, or written permission is individually granted by the presenter. In either case, proper attribution to the original creator is required.
IMPORTANT: Use and reproduction of the conference logo and/or VSoE’s logo to promote non-VSoE sanctioned products or services is strictly prohibited.
In both the in-person and online experience, contact information sharing with other participants (attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and vendor representatives) is controlled through a participant’s own preferences and interactions within the event app or virtual platform. Provided you supply your name, title, company, address, company size, department size, and job function (“Participant Registration Data”), the information may be disclosed to the sponsors. The Participant Registration Data does not include fax or phone numbers or email addresses.
Virtually, Participant Registration Data may be captured for exhibitors and sponsors if a participant chooses to share it by engaging in sponsored sessions or booth demos, submitting Participant Registration Data to the exhibitor at the virtual booth, engaging in direct communication with vendor representatives through the platform, scheduling exhibitor meetings, or entering official raffle opportunities, offers and games.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
VSoE will continue to follow the guidance of The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as it relates to COVID-19 and other communicable diseases along with state, local and venue requirements to meet safely.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING THE 2024 VSoE SUMMIT.
- WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
- COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
- VSoE has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend VSoE Summit you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that attending a VSoE Summit is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19, and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending VSoE Summit.
- WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/ RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- I, for myself, my family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue VSoE, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with VSoE Summit.
- I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney’s fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my attendance at VSoE Summit specifically related to COVID-19.
Published on September 22nd, 2023
Last updated on November 2nd, 2023