USC Viterbi COVID-19 Response
Please find activities, links and resources below surrounding USC Viterbi's response to COVID-19.
Our Four-Pillar Themes
Content relating to our four pillar themes (people, programs, thought leadership, innovation and outreach) that are unique to USC Viterbi in the current environment.
- Call to action from the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) - USC Viterbi has been instrumental in an effort to engage brilliant engineering minds, whether students, faculty or others, in a call to action for COVID-19. The action involves the creation of a virtual incubator, which accepts ideas and transforms them into actionable concepts, using the lean startup methodology of the NSF I-Corps Program and specifically the participation of the Los Angeles Innovation Node, in which USC Viterbi is the lead institution.
- USC Viterbi K-12 STEM Center's Parents Page - A hub for at-home STEM enrichment
- COVID-19 FAQ for the USC Viterbi Community
- Student Advising Resources during COVID-19
- Video Series: Day-in-the-life of a USC Viterbi Student
- Story: How Hardware Store Parts Transformed into Virus-Destroying Devices
Please visit our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Help page if you are seeking PPE or are able to help to produce, donate, etc. We are trying to coordinate such efforts on this page to protect as many people as possible.
- Webinar: Handling the PPE Shortage Through Innovation, Creativity, & Maker Movement
- Webinar: Innovative "DIY" PPE Disinfectant Methods Featuring Andrea Armani
- Story: As the World Goes Remote, USC Researchers, Entrepreneurs Work to Fill Gap in Healthcare Supply Chain
- Webinar: Handling the PPE Shortage: Update on Mask Design and Fabrication
- Story: Faculty and staff send protective gear to medical center during coronavirus crisis
- Story: USC Student Collects and Distributes Protective Gear for Hospitals
Digital Technologies for COVID-19
Webinars and content surrounding the topic of how digital technologies can aid the fight against COVID-19
- Webinar: Center for Cyber-Physical Systems: CCI Virtual Mini-Workshop on Digital Technologies for COVID-19
- Webinar: Charting COVID-19 Chatter on Social Media and The Network Science of COVID-19
- Webinar: Learning to Forecast and Forecasting to Learn from the COVID-19 Pandemic and Privacy-Sensitive Mobile-based Contact Tracing for COVID-19
- Webinar: Machine Learning to Track the Spread of COVID-19
- Webinar: A Knowledge Graph Integrating Annotations On 44,000 COVID-19 Scientific Articles and Rapidly Responding to COVID-19 Using Knowledge Graphs
- Virtual Symposium: AI for COVID-19 in LA
- Webinar: The Balance Between Privacy and Keeping Communities Safe
- Webinar: Social Media and the Post-COVID-19 Landscape
- Webinar: Pandemic Risk Evaluation Platform and Post-Wave-1 Healthcare Restart
- Webinar: Analyzing Internet traffic and unique automobile business software company in challenges during the COVID-19 crisis
Please visit our Online Events Series page to see upcoming and previous events and seminars
- Webinar: Garrett Reisman - Working Remotely: Lessons I Learned From Space
- Webinar: Addressing the Ventilator Shortage and Solutions Discussion
- Webinar: Emergency Ventilator Design and Fabrication
- Highlight - Dr. Andrew Viterbi Presents: The Mathematics of Epidemics – A Century-Long Saga
- Webinar: The Race for the COVID-19 Vaccine
Please visit our page Addressing COVID-19 Challenges to learn in detail about our wide ranging and diverse research efforts. New projects join this page frequently.
- Story: USC Researchers Release Public Coronavirus Twitter Set for Academics
- Story: Research Team in Race to Develop COVID-19 Vaccine and Treatments
- Story: USC Researchers Analyze Coronavirus Misinformation on Twitter
- Story: A Coronavirus Tracking App That’s Putting Privacy First
- Story: Robotic Arms Extend the Reach of UV Disinfection
USC Student Emergency Fund Options
Messages from Leadership
For complete list of community messages from USC Central please visit this page
Community and Resource Links
USC Student Health - Find info for Operational Updates. TeleHealth and more
CDC - Find Travel Advice, Facts & Figures, How to Protect Yourself and more
Music for Surviving a Pandemic - What Trojan engineers are listening to during this period of self-isolation
Related News and Media
USC Researchers Release Public Coronavirus Twitter Set for Academics
Dataset to track public sentiment and help researchers understand the social dimensions of the pandemic
Research Team in Race to Develop COVID-19 Vaccine and Treatments
Researchers in the USC Viterbi Mork Family Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science are joining the global research effort to develop a viable vaccine to halt the global pandemic.
USC Researchers Analyze Coronavirus Misinformation on Twitter
By analyzing millions of tweets, USC computer science researchers are investigating how false information about the coronavirus spreads on social media.
As the World Goes Remote, USC Researchers, Entrepreneurs Work to Fill Gap in Healthcare Supply Chain
USC researchers and alumni emphasize innovation and collaboration to support the fight against COVID-19 on the front lines.
A Coronavirus Tracking App That’s Putting Privacy First
By anonymously tracking coronavirus spread through contact tracing, smartphone technology could help people get back to their daily lives—while keeping a close eye on the resurgence of the virus.
USC Student Collects and Distributes Protective Gear for Hospitals
Computer science and business administration student MacKenzie McClung is rounding up much-needed protective equipment for healthcare workers in Florida.
A Call to Action for Engineers
USC Viterbi dean, faculty and students play key role in NAE’s Call to Action to finding engineering solutions to problems posed by COVID-19.